W
www.wrington.net
Deborah Yamanaka
Happy New Year to everyone! Coxs Green Planning Application 16/P/1291/O The applicants for the Coxs Green application have now gone to appeal on “non-determination” grounds, because NSC has not decided the application within a reasonable time. Details of how the appeal will be decided are not known as I am writing this but it is likely to be at a Public Inquiry. In the meantime NSC’s Policy and Regulatory committee will discuss the application at their meeting on 8th February, 2.30 at the Town Hall, to decide NSC’s approach at the Inquiry. Papers for the meeting will be online at <http://apps.n-somerset.gov.uk/cairo/committees/comidx11-2016.asp> about 5 days before the meeting. NSC Budget 2016/17 North Somerset Council is discussing the 2016/17 budget on 10th January, with the final decision to be taken on 21st February. The Government’s Revenue Support Grant to NSC was cut again this year, as were other grants including the Education Services Grant. Cost pressures are rising, particularly in children looked after by the Council, Adult Social Care and increases in household waste. You may have heard that the Government allows councils to increase council tax specifically for Adult Social care by 3%, and NSC is proposing to do this. On top of that NSC proposes an extra 1.75% increase, to cope with the grant cuts and pressures. This would give a total rise of 4.75%. Illegal Airport Car parking Last year NSC consulted on Article 4 Direction proposals to help end illegal airport parking, often in green fields around the airport. At present landowners have permitted development rights to use land for parking for 28 days each year and the proposal was to end this right in the parishes next to the airport. The consultation responses included several from Parish Councils pointing out that the restricted area would have the effect of pushing out illegal parking to areas slightly further away, such as Churchill, Congresbury, Somerset & B&NES. NSC is reconsidering what to do, and is consulting again on the cancellation of the Article 4 Direction, see online at <http://consult-ldf.n-somerset.gov.uk/consult.ti/Airportparking_cancellation/consultationHome> before 17th February. Adult Care Self-help tool NSC now has a “Self-help” questionnaire online at <http://www.n-somerset.gov.uk/myservices/socialcare/adults/makingdecisions-about-care/care-options/>. This aims to give helpful information to residents who may need more help at home, on what help is available. The questionnaire takes about 15 minutes to complete and can be completed anonymously. You can also choose to send the questionnaire answers to NSC. If the situation is serious or urgent, contact Care Connect on 01934 888 801.
tel: 01934 862109